Tuesday 4 December 2012

Chaos


image courtesy: http://bbh-labs.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/3199296759_e5130dc6c1.jpg



When there is too much uncertainty and chaos all at the same time…








There is a line in hindi: dene wala jab bhi deta hai, deta hai chappar phad ke.
I can’t believe more in this line that right now! Most people would be thinking of elating moments in the given context, but well, the story is quite the contrary!
It’s not like it’s all so bad! But it sure is extremely trying!

When you have to justify or prove a point in your personal and professional sphere, all at the same time. Alright, this must be the case with many.. but I wonder if I have ever had it easy. The only two true companions in such times have been the Force and my humor. Yes of course my family and friends too. But aren’t they still external to the circumstances that one is directly in?

To cut the frills out, this is my first product release in the ‘new’ workplace. That too after some time. So it has been an interesting revelation to see how one deals with things all over again. My sabbatical taught me a lot of other things.. things which no other would have taught me. But I did experience withdrawal symptoms once I got back in the industry. It wasn’t easy sitting in front of the comp for so long. It was tough to sit in one place doing one thing. The extent of multi-tasking in my break and being on my toes all the time on the one hand, and then suddenly being ‘seated’ – maggi hot n sweet tomato chili sauce, its different! Hah!

But now am back into my ‘comfort zone’ so to say.. yes, I am still finding the need to prove it to myself, more than to anyone else, that I am still what I used to be! Probably inching ahead! I have learnt a lot over the last few months here. From new terms to new people to new distances to many more new things.. it has been an interesting journey. Now, as the release cycle ends and the product is about to hit the market, the last minute runs, the end rushes, all end up overwhelming me. The cycle is about to end. But the work is still in progress. And it’s not funny! I cant wait for it all to finish and me being able to sleep peacefully.

As if this is not it, some twists n turns in my personal sphere have made me feel like I am sitting in one of those Essel World rides. One minute you are concerned, the next minute you are relieved, the minute after that you are elated, the next minute more lemons are thrown at you. And then all you are left with are grapes waiting to ripen! Why change in fruits eh? Well! Please accept my smiles for now!

And just when you waited for the right time to see the grapes become yellow, something else on the personal front puts you off the zone. Your creators think that they are super-humans! No, seriously, they do!! They keep ignoring signals that their system sends out. All along you keep suggesting them to be alert. And then when things go out of control, they toss and turn restlessly. Finally you call your friend, the good Samaritan – the doc, and cry out! Some bizarre names fly around and of course your creators don’t have a choice but to resort to them. Well, one creator still thinks he can deal with his troubles himself! Nothing has happened to me – standard sentence! I am sick of hearing it, but he is not sick of telling me that he is not sick! Well, I don’t give up! The complaint has already reached the good Samaritan and we should see him soon. In the meantime it is just the prayer that it’s just the change of weather that has caused this turmoil.. hope it all settles down.

Why am I writing all this? Rambling is my middle name or my writing’s middle name? No! It is not! I sometimes like to write in loops and scribble my thoughts. At least there is one space that belongs to me and my mind. Yes, we share it! Writing sometimes is cathartic. Am I letting out all to the world outside? Maybe I am, maybe I am not! Either ways if I am rambling, it will leave you confused.. right? So happy confusion! No, I am not answering any questions! If I am left to deal with it myself anyways, I’d rather just do that! After all no one can live my life for me, right? I alone have to do that.. just as one comes alone into this world and has to return the same way too.. life is a circumstance!

2 comments:

  1. Loved your post, dear! Rambling is indeed your middle name. But believe me, that is what makes you you! And that also shows how much I have been out of touch with you. I won't apologise for that. It's my mistake and I accept it. I have been too selfish just thinking of my own self and never bothering about you or reaching out to you. I hope things are turning out for the better in your personal as well as professional life. Take care, dear! I am there for you whatever happens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember your statement: 'Pagal hai woh!'
    Now look who's pagal :)
    Hang in there, sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete