Tuesday 11 December 2012

And then...


When we met and then let all know about our meeting,
When our folks met and our folks also let all know about our decision,
It was a happy moment for sure!
Finally it seemed like the search had ended!

Each time I would meet someone,
I felt my eyes locked with your’s,
A shy smile spread across my face,
Every pore oozing happiness as they all in unison proclaimed.
In song, from a movie or devotional or classical,
Your name appeared.
All heads turned towards me..
Laughter and mirth like I had never before heard.

And then all the chaos happened.

Yesterday the situation was similar..
They still played and sang the same songs..
Only this time, my eyes looked down
No other head turned towards me either.
Maybe they felt my pain.
Maybe they dint see me shy again.
Maybe they wondered if I would be hurt.
Maybe they just dint want to pour salt on a soft skin burnt.

image courtesy: http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/thumblarge_185/1189950770bEgAvv.jpg

I searched endlessly for that coy smile
That mischief in the song.
Those dozen eyes to turn towards me
To tell me it was all a short n bad dream.

You have ridden me of my enthusiasm
The excitement that comes like a blossoming flower in a bride’s life
I don’t know what to name it anymore.
I never knew it now nor before.

Yes, my search has ended… for I can’t search any more!
This is it, or else nothing else is!
That’s for now.. my final call!

1 comment: